Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Cotton candy salesman


Near the end of my pregnancy, my husband and I went walking almost every day. Our favorite route was up Sheikh Saad until it became some other street with an actual sidewalk, past Jellaat Park, around City Mall, and back. The cooler evening hours always brought lots of families and children to Jellaat Park, where vendors gathered to sell various snacks and treats. As in many other parts of the city, there were always guys selling fresh corn-on-the-cob from huge vats of boiling water. The guy in the picture was by Jellaat Park almost every evening, selling cotton candy to the kids. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

billy o said...

Your pictures are a delight. Thanks for reminding Americans that Arabs are human. So unfortunate that this point needs to be made.

Anonymous said...

All your comments and stories about Syria were wonderful. Please keep them coming.

My favorite: Zift!

:)

Dannyyy said...

I KNOW THAT GUY!!!!!!!!!